Monday, October 24, 2011

Oos Bes


After being booted out of the Common Room for not booking (I'd obviously misread the 'no reservations' policy to mean I didn't need to reserve...) fortune smiled opportunistically on us restaurant window shoppers. Maybe it was the lighting, laid back lounge sounds or the really happy staff, but the mix was enticing. I'm up for anything so bring on the Pork noodles - it had a whole bunch of interesting ingredients that I forget now, but the bottom line was someone backstage knew their wilted bok choy from their birds nest...turns out theres a lady focused just on getting the noodles right - she stayed behind when Reuben left to go grinding at the Waterfront - his loss. Dutch East in Franschoek - I'm sure all her noodles hit the spot.
Deon

No comments:

Post a Comment